Now that data is in your CRM system you need to be able to view it! There are multiple ways to do this:
· System Views – these are views created in the Customizations area that are available for all users.
· Personal Views (Advanced Find Views) – views created using the Advanced Find tool. No one will have access to this view unless it is shared.
· Reports – Reports are a different way to view data which allows charts to be included along with the data. These can be created within CRM or by a developer and imported.
When you are determining the kind of view you need, think about how many users may need to see it. This will show you if you want it to be a system view or a personal view. System views should be changed in a sandbox or development environment and then imported into production, this means changes cannot be made quickly if requirements change. However, you can always make a copy of a system view as a personal view (Advanced Find) and change it as often as necessary.
System Views also have some special view types such as Default View, Lookup View, and Quick Find View.
· Default View – this is the primary view for the entity that will be shown when you navigate there. This can be customized to show the columns that are most important for you to see at a glance. Keep in mind users can change their default view to other system or personal views by pinning them.
· Lookup View – this is the view that will be displayed when using a lookup to that entity. The first 3 columns of this view will be the details shown on the lookup drop down.
· Quick Find View – when searching, the Quick Find View controls the columns that are displayed with the search results. Here you can also configure which columns are searched.
You can learn more about the types of views and editing views on TechNet.
Welcome to User Group for Dynamics 365 & CRM [D365UG/CRMUG], we’re so glad you’re here! While we realize you may be here to troubleshoot a technical issue or simply learn new tips and tricks, we’d love the chance to share with you the incredible benefits the User Group has to offer [and don’t forget, if you’re interested in an incredible in-person learning opportunity - join us in Nashville for our Summit event!